How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 16926
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I’m looking to buy a section of my neighbours garden 2m x6m.

This answer was rated:

Hi . I’m looking to buy a section of my neighbours garden 2m x6m.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: no . The land is a no build area . Seeking advice on what’s required. Value is £500 verbally agreed
JA: Where is the land located?
Customer: adjacent to my garden .
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not yet thanks

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland and can help you with your question today. a Deed plan of the areas should be drawn up. Your solicitor can arrange to have that done by a surveyor. Then a Disposition of the land is granted by seller to buyer. That is the title deed. It is registered in the land register and that is the transaction complete. Allow fees and outlays of about £1000 for a transaction like this, assuming there is a straightforward modern title. I hope that helps to answer your question. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system which is usually at the top of your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.

JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you