How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 3235
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

I have an issue where i believe defamative information has

Customer Question

Hi, i have an issue where i believe defamative information has been circulated to Professionals involved with care of my 13 yearold son as he is disabled.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: My son has a consultant solicitor and were forcing a co ordinated support plan through. Unfortunately this has has an effect on my sons spinal surgery and his after care which has lead to his scar opening and becoming infected.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: ive issued formal complaints to both Local authority & NHS
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  RJM Law replied 1 year ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

Thank you

Expert:  RJM Law replied 1 year ago.

What has brought ou to this conclusion and what information do you believe is being shared?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HI, thanks for getting back to me!
I just discovered while my son was in his operation, doctors refused to give me diazapalm home due to social work objection. Social Work attempted to have me and my son placed in a monitored flat at ninewells hospital during his post operative recovery and i refused.The childrens ward refused to treat my son when his back first opened, we were forced to travel to edinburgh at midnight so he would be treated. a week later we needed new antibiotics and had to go to A&E for them due to myself not being aloud in the childrens ward ninewells, was forced to wait in the main reception to pick up anti biotics for him a week after that. They have been having ex-parte meetings and they even managed to cancel my sons operation before it happened as this would have forced the CSP. They refused to invite relevant proffessionals & myself to tact meetings.
The Lead Social Workers husband is my competitor at work We both run Ltd companies and she i believe is attempting to prevent me from tendering for the NHS contract which her husband currently has and just had a 3 year extention for.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've no criminal convictions by the way
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I've also been informed by several people socially and through work collegues that someone has it in for me at the Council.... ive had issues with Care requirements for my son since i got custody 2011
Expert:  RJM Law replied 1 year ago.

Thank you I have read and understand your information, can you tell me what your question is specifically please. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can i force these Authorities through a solicitor to procure this information and justify it with evidence?
Expert:  RJM Law replied 1 year ago.

In a way yes you can. However, the solicitor themselves would not have the authority to command that they produce the evidence. However, what you seem to be getting at is a case for negligence (it would be up to your lawyer or the court to establish who is, in fact, responsible for the negligence). However, if you were to use a solicitor to bring a claim against all parties for negligence then in that case the court would demand what is called full disclosure, which would include the evidence which you are refereeing to. Additionally if they do not disclose said evidence then your solicitor can put a direct application to the court to ask that this is provided. If the court grants this order then by law, they would have to disclose the information you have requested.

I hope this information has helped. You can find a local solicitor who deals with this on the law society webpage which is;

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be paid for my time from the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks