31090051

Can you advise on barriers to a single home build on a

Can you advise on barriers to a single home build on a field? There's one up for sale out of town, and we were looking to acquire, build a single storey home (to suit my disabled mother), and plant a bunch of trees to help the environment. This is in the perthshire council area
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: no - not purchased the land yet, only came up a few days ago.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
to add, there's other new build homes nearby, but this would be away from them by about 300-400m. I had a look at the site and it looks like the home could be put in a corner surrounded by tress so as to not intrude on the landscape. the other homes do not have a view of the house site either.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
field is around 19 acres

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland and can help you with your question today. there Are two main legal issues. The first is getting planning permission from the council. The second is checking the title to the land to see that there is no title condition preventing the building of the house on the land. Your solicitor should make any written offer conditional on those issues being satisfied. I hope that helps to answer your question. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system which is usually at the top of your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Are you able to advise on any barriers to gaining planning permission in an instance as described above and/or advise somewhere I can look to advise on this?

If the land is note zoned as residential that could be a problem. For example if it is on green belt land the local plan may prohibit development. This is something you can ask the duty planning officer at the council about. Or you should be able to examine the Local Plan online at the council website. That would be the main issue about building in a field. I hope that helps to answer your question. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system which is usually at the top of your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
thank you, ***** ***** explore these avenues.