How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask ivorylounge Your Own Question
ivorylounge, Advocate
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 36775
Experience:  Over 25 years experience
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
ivorylounge is online now

I am wanting some advise, my ex willnot giveme my parrot

This answer was rated:

Hi there
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I am wanting some advise, my ex willnot giveme my parrot back. He gave it to me as a birthday present. Then we split up and he is refusing to give me him back. I signed the seperation aggreement back in 2017 to be bable to sell the matrimonial home, i was not in a good place at the time as you can imagine, to get the house sold i signed, since then we reconsiledfor a while. Now he has asked for a divorce, i have said i will sign if he gives me Floyd my parrot back. He is refusing. He can not handle the bird as i reared it frim 6 weeks old, it hasnt been out of his cage for months. This is not fair and cruelty. Can you advise. Thanjs
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Yes i think so when we legally seperated
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Aberdeen
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No i don't think so

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Does he accept giving him to you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No he is refusing to give me him back
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Where do i stand with this
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am happy to chat here rather than call
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do not want to pay £44 to chat on the phone. Thanks

Let me see if I can help and please rate 5 stars. I would be minded to contact the police. If the parrot was given to you as a gift then it is yours. He having kept the parrot is engaged in theft. You could also get a solicitor to write to him and threaten to stake him to court for the recovery of the pert; but I would start with the police. Happy to discuss and please rate 5 stars

Justanswer works on a rating system and so that I can close this question can you please rate. Could you please let me know if it has answered your original question? You can either reply on here with a quick ‘Yes, thanks’, or select 3, 4 or 5 stars on this page.This is how Justanswer works. I can still answer follow up questions if needed to clarify anything for you. But this lets me close the case and not need to email you again. If you need more assistance, please use the reply box below and let me know. It has been my pleasure to assist you! Many thanks​

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi again i have just spoken to the police and they are refusing to get involved. Really disapointing news.

Plan b then

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How much is th it s going to cost to go to small claims roughly?

I am happy to answer but I note that you didn't rate from my previous answers. Can you rate 5 stars and then I can answer the further questions for you

ivorylounge, Advocate
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 36775
Experience: Over 25 years experience
ivorylounge and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi i rated you 5 stars

The small claims court can be accessed at

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No he has refused
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, i will have a look at the link you sent. Thanks