Vineet S
Vineet S,
Experience:  Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed
60556257

The company i work for are making me redundant after 4.5

The company i work for are making me redundant after 4.5 years and replacing me with another manager who has been with the company for 10 weeks .
JA: Have you discussed the termination with a manager or HR? Or with a lawyer?
Customer: My manager has called us into the office and notified us thatbthe buisness is restructuring.
JA: What is your employment status? Are you an employee, freelancer, consultant or contractor? Do you belong to a union?
Customer: I am an employee.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I havecrecently been of ill from work due to depression. And currently still medicating for this illness

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I will wait a bit

Welcome to JA. I’m Vineet, a UK qualified & practicing Solicitor and I will be dealing with your case today.

I will get back to you with my answer shortly. The system will notify you via email when this happens.

Many Thanks

Thank you for your patience.

Redundancy happens when your job/role no longer required. you can’t be made redundant whilst your job still exists. Redundancy is only allowed if there’s no longer a need for the role to exist, and it certainly isn’t legal for you to be made redundant only for your job to be taken by someone else.

Even if your current role has been made redundant, your employer should offer you an alternative role within the business or organisation you work for.

From the given input, it seems you have a case of unfair redundancy, and would be deemed as constructive dismissal.

I would suggest getting in touch with ACAS as soon as possible.

ACAS is an independent third party that will try to help you resolve the dispute without the need for a Tribunal.

You can contact ACAS regarding your dispute by clicking below link-

https://tell.acas.org.uk/find-a-solution-to-your-employment-dispute.

If you need further assistance, please let me know.

&

If that answers your question, Kindly remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of your screen before you leave JA today

Vineet S,
Experience: Freelance Solicitor at Self Employed