31090051

I engaged a solicitor to help me to obtain probate for my

I engaged a solicitor to help me to obtain probate for my husbands estate in May last year. I signed the papers on the 25th November and after he received word back from the CRU unit at the beginning of January , I signed a further set of papers for them on the 10th of February. Despite phoning and email the firm no one has got back to me. How can I get them to let me know if this has been approved or not. Letters of administration are required to finalise dealing with my husbands estate.
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Relevant area is Edinburgh Sherriff court.
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: for what.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have my husbands will and an invoice which has been paid to my current solicitor for an interim fee and the confirmation dues.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland and can help you with your question today. In Scotland the application is for Confirmation of the executor, not probate or letters of administration. To apply for Confirmation the form C1 has to be completed and signed by the executor and the original will docquetted and signed at the same time. Do you know if that has been done?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I believe this to have been done