How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 15732
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I like to help with mortgage,please. Scotland, Find house no

This answer was rated:

Hi .I like to help with mortgage,please.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Find house no views property yet.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is this free services?

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland and can help you with your question today. Can you explain your situation a little more please?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I’am single mum with 3 kids and council house.I’am self employed working with cleaning agency part time domestic cleaner for 2 years 16 hrs per week.However I have friend who I know for 5 years and he rent his home working full time in factory.
We are thinking to move together on our own place.We have find property we very much like.Curently in Covid situation we not seen property yet,working on this at this moment.We are first buyers and thinking about taking mortgage for this property.
There is price £100 000 and over.
My Question is :1 .How much chance we have for getting mortgage.
2.Property needs full reconstruction and is one bedroom Stone cottage standing own they own so it needs to be extended.Is it good idea to stay for few months in my council home and when done move in ?Or partially done.
3.How much chance have my friend if buy property by him self ?
4 .Is it legal if we move with kids In property if we got it (for example if we leave in caravan next to it etc)?

1. That is something you need to ask a mortgage adviser about. At the moment many lenders are only giving 75% mortgages although a few are doing 90% and Scottish Building Society announces it is doing first time buyer mortgages at 100% in some cases. You need a mortgage adviser.
2. If there is a lot of work to be done you want to try to stay in your own home while the work is being done.
3. Again that depends on your friend’s financial position and how much you need to borrow.
4. It is legal as long as the property is safe. You may need planning permission to keep a static caravan at the property. Your local authority will keep you right on that.
I hope that helps to answer your question. Please leave a positive rating on the star rating system which is usually at the top of your screen. That will allow JustAnswer to credit me for helping you today.

JGM and 2 other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you