31090051

I was charged on 5/10/19 and it is my understanding that the

I was charged on 5/10/19 and it is my understanding that the system has 1 year to give me a court date or the case is dropped, is this still the case
JA: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?
Customer: Dealing grass
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: Inverness
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: Nope

Hi, welcome to JustAnswer. My name is*****’m a barrister with 12 years of experience and I am happy to help with your question today.

Sorry, are you in Scotland?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Y3s
Customer: replied 12 days ago.

Sorry, not my jurisdiction.

I will opt out for others.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland and can help you with your question today. Were you charged by the police and released. Did you ever appear in court or receive a written summons?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I was charged by the police on 5/10/19 and then appeared in court to enter my plea about 3 weeks later

Thanks. Was this under solemn procedure or summary procedure? Did you appear in court on a bail undertaking?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Was a bail undertaking in think

If it was summary procedure and you appeared on a bail undertaking and pled not guilty the court would have issued a date for trial there and then. If it was solemn procedure you would have appeared on Petition, in private before a sheriff, made no plea or declaration and released on bail for further procedure. Are you able to say which it was and let me see any papers?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I made no plea and I am pretty sure it before a sheriff so solemn

Thanks. Assuming it was solemn procedure, the Crown has 11 months to hold a first diet and the trial has to commence within 12 months under normal circumstances and there are procedures whereby a judge can extend this period. However at present the emergency coronavirus legislation provides that the time limits are extended for 6 months. Here is the legislation: https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1995/46/section/65 I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything, I am always happy to help.

Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.