How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 16130
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have a question about HMO in Glasgow. I've sent a message

This answer was rated:

I have a question about HMO in Glasgow. I've sent a message to the council just wondering if I can get a quicker reply (or just guidance who is the best person to ask)I want to buy a flat (residential mortgage), and consider 2 or 3 bed. I often relocate for contracts/work so I will typically not be in the flat so I wonder if I can rent 2 rooms while I'm out without HMO license, and also wonder if a mortgage with option to rent a room typically specify if it's one or two rooms.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland and can help you with your question today. You need an HMO licence if there are three members of different families. However where one is the owner and there are two tenants you don’t need one. As regards ***** ***** about the mortgage, different lenders have different policies and that should be specifically checked by the IFA. It isn’t a legal question as such. I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything, I am always happy to help.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Regarding one owner, two tenant. Is there a way for me to access the source of this information like a website? I'm just thinking I would like to know where this info is and where I need to check in case the rule changes.
JGM and 2 other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you