How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Madhu Pal Your Own Question
Madhu Pal
Madhu Pal,
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 474
Experience:  Solicitor at HPLP Solicitors
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
Madhu Pal is online now

Dispute over a property. Ullapool. My partner suffers from

Customer Question

Dispute over a property
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Ullapool
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: My partner suffers from depression and her daughter bulled her into signing the house over to her now the daughter wants her out
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: My partner was not in proper control of her actions at that time and was under doctor
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Madhu Pal replied 18 days ago.

Good afternoon, are there doctors notes etc available as evidence of your partners condition at the time? Furthermore, there would have been a witness required to accompany your partners signature when they signed the property over. Was this witness aware of your partners condition at the time?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
there will be doctors notes I believe it was only her and daughter that was in the solicitors office at time
Expert:  Madhu Pal replied 18 days ago.

So i presume the solicitor was the witness? Because your daughter would not be able to be a witness to that deed. How long ago did this happen?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Approximately 4 months ago
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I was hoping for legal aid as she is not working due to ill health
Expert:  Madhu Pal replied 18 days ago.

If it was only 4 months ago my initial advice would be to contact the solicitor who carried out the Transfer into the daughters name. Explain to him the circumstances. The property transfer may not even have completed at the Land Registry yet.

Under a property dispute case unfortunately there is no legal aid available.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thank you for your advice it’s looking as if there’s nothing she can do
Expert:  Madhu Pal replied 18 days ago.

You're welcome, as mentioned i would speak to the solicitor.