Ross Miller
Ross Miller,
Experience:  Director (Litigation and Mediation) at Hilltop Solutions
106205234

Can a US citizen with a drug conviction in Scotland be

Customer Question

Can a US citizen with a drug conviction in Scotland be deported back to the US ?
JA: What steps have been taken? Has any paperwork been filed with the UK government?
Customer: Yes
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about removal proceedings?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Ross Miller replied 17 days ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** I will be the expert assisting you with this matter today

Please note there may be delays between messages as the experts on this website are all third party and are not on here full time.

You will also receive a request for a phone call. This is automatically generated by the website. I would be happy to facilitate a phone call with you however, do note that there will be a premium service charge should you accept this, you of course, do not have to click the phone call option.

I would be greatly appreciative if you could use the 5 stars to rate my advice once I have provided it you.

Thank you for the question. The simple answer is yes, they can however, this would depend on the situation. If are are currently standing trial in the US or wanted for the crime then they could be deported. If they are looking to come to the UK and they have a conviction for drugs which was punishable by a 12 month (or more) custodial sentence, then they will not likely be granted entry. However, if they have a conviction which is spent or been heard and the are already in the UK then they would need some specific reason to be deported, the fact itself would not be enough. I hope that clears up matters for you.

I would be obliged if you could Click the 5 stars at the top of the webpage (this will not cost any extra). This will tell the website that I have responded to your question, you can, of course, continue to ask any follow up questions free of charge. I won’t be paid for my time from the website if there is no rating left for me.

Many Thanks