31090051

Is one party in a house possession case have the legal right

Customer Question

Is one party in a house possession case have the legal right to see the other party,s psychiatric report. ?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: i am not confused my son was duped by his wife in signing their house over to her supposedly she was wanting to start her own business and foolishly he did. The ink was barely dry when she moved her boyfriend in 3 years ago.the case was ment to be heard this Friday but has been postponed because her lawyer wants to see my sons report on his state of mind at the time. Are they entitled to see this as it was paid for by my wife?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: argyll and bute
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: we have an advocates report that we paid for ,it's a pretty messy case with 2 young kids involved ,my grandchildren that none of us has seen for a year .my daughter in law is actively alienating the children from us ..
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 5 days ago.

Expert:  JGM replied 5 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer. If the report is being relied on as part of the court case then both parties have a right to see it. Apart from that if it is relevant to the case one or other party can argue for its production by the other party by making application to the court by way of specification of documents and commission and diligence for recovery, in other words an order to produce the report to the court. I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.