31090051

I'm looking for some Scot's Law advice relating to a Simple

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I'm looking for some Scot's Law advice relating to a Simple Procedure case
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I have been sent an order from the sheriff
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have a copy of the order
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 8 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer. Can you explain your situation a little more please? The more information I have, the better I will be able to answer your question and that is what I want to be able to do.

Expert:  JGM replied 5 days ago.

If the order from the sheriff is for payment of money and you owe the money it should be paid. If it is mot owed you have to defend the action. It is difficult to advise further without some more detail from you as to what the order says but that is the general position. I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.