Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I received a photo copy of a will from my mum passing This

Customer Question

I received a photo copy of a will from my mum passing This has no layers name and its all on lined paper. This was delivered by a police man and he said this is from your mum
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: Ii haven't contacted anyone as it was on the 9th that is hsppened
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: I have took a photo of it nut I don't how to send it and there is no mention of court
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I was given a letter from a police officer with his face completely cover and no I D. THIS OFFICES HANDED ME A BROWN envelope with no written words on it. I opened the door to the police man where he stood sideways and handed me the envelope saying this is from your mum. He then walk straight away. I was in utter shock as I thought something had happened to my husband or daughter. I have all this on cctv.
Expert:  Peter Collins replied 6 days ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I’ll do my best to assist you today and I’m sorry that you are going through this.

Please bear in mind as this is an email service and not live chat I may not respond immediately.

I'm reviewing your question and will revert back to you shortly. Please do not wait on line for a response, you will receive an email notification from JustAnswer to tell you that I have sent a reply.

What is your concern here - is it whether the will is valid or not? Or the conduct of the person claiming to be a police officer?

Does the will set out your late mother's wishes as you anticipated, or have things changed as a result? Do you expect fraud?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I think it fraud, the policeman who gave me this letter without any written on it, he knew what he was doing. I have been trying to send the copy but I don't know how to do it.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I can't afford that as I'm disabled and it's not pay day yet. I don't know how to send photos of the will
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
He is an officer of bsthgate police station. He has been identified by 3 officers. Because he was hiding his face im petrified to go out
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I have been trying to send you photos of the letter but when I put in your address it doesn't show up

You can upload photos via the paperclip or file symbol.

Can you confirm where you are based? You are in the UK section under general law - but I think you may be from Scotland?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Sorry Scotland
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I'm still trying to send photos

I see. As you are in Scotland I have to opt out for a Scots law colleague to assist. They will pick this up soon for you I'm sure. Kind regards, Peter

Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 5 days ago.
I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.
Tetyana-moderator
Customer: replied 5 days ago.
I'm still waiting
Expert:  JGM replied 3 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer. Please upload the document here and I can have a look for you.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I have just deleted them. But I will go and recover them. Thank you.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
Could you give me your email address. This email come up wrong. I have them.
Expert:  JGM replied 3 days ago.

You should upload the file via the paperclip function.