31090051

My dad has past away and my sister have refused to talk?

Customer Question

JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Aberdeen
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: none this is the first
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: not sure?
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I want to know what’s happened to all his personal property?
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 18 days ago.

Expert:  JGM replied 17 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

Expert:  JGM replied 17 days ago.

Is there a Will? Why is your sister taking control? Can you explain your situation a little more please? The more information I have, the better I will be able to answer your question and that is what I want to be able to do.

Expert:  JGM replied 16 days ago.

I can give you a general answer. As you are a son of your father, under Scots law you are entitled to share in his estate even if you aren’t mentioned in any Will. For that reason your sister has to give you information. If she doesn’t you can go to the court which can make her do so.

Expert:  JGM replied 16 days ago.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you I will need to get in touch with a solicitor...
Expert:  JGM replied 15 days ago.

You’re welcome.