How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 16627
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I've been served with divorce forms. My wife is the Pursuer

Customer Question

I've been served with divorce forms. My wife is the Pursuer and I'm the Defender. There's nothing to be contested. I just need advice on completing Form F26. We both live in Scotland.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: I've just received the forms today by recorded delivery.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this yet?
Customer: I tried using a solicitor but after some issues have decided to do it myself.
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: What service is this and how does it work?
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  JGM replied 17 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

Expert:  JGM replied 17 days ago.

If you are quite sure that there is nothing in the Initial Writ that you wish to contest, and that all financial and any child issues have already been resolved, then you don’t need to do anything at all and don’t need to send the form back. An F26 is a notice of intention to defend the action and in a family action also used if you wish to make any claim in the action yourself or seek any order. If that doesn’t apply to you, you can ignore the form and the divorce will go through undefended.

Expert:  JGM replied 17 days ago.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
That's reassuring. I was a little confused by the forms but understand now that like you say if I'm not contesting any part of the divorce i don't need to do anything. Thank you.
Expert:  JGM replied 17 days ago.

You’re welcome.