How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 16627
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I am looking to buy a area of land between my house and the

Customer Question

I am looking to buy a area of land between my house and the boundary of my housing estate ( 8m wide by 20m length of garden )
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Looking at the title deeds it says this is Common ground have spoken to the factors and they were dismissive and wouldn’t put me in touch with Bryant homes ( now Taylor Woodrow) was looking for advise and approach I should take
JA: Where is the land located?
Customer: glasgow east end
JA: Anything else you want the Lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: I have the deeds here
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 17 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

Expert:  JGM replied 17 days ago.

Is the land still owned by Bryant Homes or was it passed to the house proprietors in common ownership?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Think common ownership
Expert:  JGM replied 17 days ago.

Please upload Section A of your title.

Expert:  JGM replied 15 days ago.

If the common ground is part of common ground owned in common by all the owners on the estate then you would need to get them all to agree to transfer it to you and they would all have to sign a Disposition (title deed) doing so. If the land is still owned by the developer then the developer could transfer the land to you in the same way.

Expert:  JGM replied 15 days ago.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.