31090051

I have recently discovered that Title to my property is now

Customer Question

I have recently discovered that Title to my property is now in my son's name.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: My Solicitor has investigated the position and believes that there is a claim to reduce the disposition on the basis of undue influence, but as i am not in a position to finance such an action, I wish to make a claim on my policy.
JA: Where is the property located?
Customer: I am in Aberdeen and my solicitor is happy to discuss the case and provide documentation held on file in order to assist a seamless transfer to your panel. The reason I am going through you is I am profoundly deaf and although I have a cochlear aid it is not good on the phone
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Just that my Solicitor strongly recommended that I get in touch with you. My home insurance Policy number is *****
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

Expert:  JGM replied 14 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

Expert:  JGM replied 14 days ago.

If you have legal protection insurance you should be contacting your insurer and completing a claim form so that they can pass your claim to a panel solicitor to deal with. The action will be one of reduction of the title deed in favour of your son on the ground of undue influence, facility and circumvention.

Expert:  JGM replied 14 days ago.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.