Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I want to buy a commercial fishing boat but buckie harbour

Customer Question

I want to buy a commercial fishing boat but buckie harbour refuse to give me a birth so it menas i cannot start my business
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I talk to harbour master in buckie and council i was told by some fisherman that i can enter the harbout as the vessel is an british registerd fishing vessel
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I also like to make a point the vessel has a british registation and a british fishing licence so i have the right to land in any UK harbour and even stay.
If i go to the council website there are waiting list for every harbour for leisure crafts but not for commercial I do know that Buckie harbour in the summer time has fishing vessel from other parts of the uk staying in buckie for the Squid season
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 18 days ago.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi i think this must be looked at UK law as well as the vessel has a british licence and registation and i think but not 100% sure that they have to allow me anyway but want to be sure
Expert:  JGM replied 17 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

Expert:  JGM replied 17 days ago.

Why have they refused to allow you a berth? What reason have they given?

Expert:  JGM replied 11 days ago.

Can you tell me why they have refused you a berth licence please.