31090051

I had a call from a sheriff officers yesterday looking for

Customer Question

I had a call from a sheriff officers yesterday looking for payment for parking fines that are 9 & 10 years old can they do this?
JA: What state was the citation in? And have you consulted a local attorney?
Customer: Its in Scotland UK and no I haven't as I have no idea what car or where these are from
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: NO
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 13 days ago.

Expert:  JGM replied 12 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

Expert:  JGM replied 12 days ago.

Yes they can do this. Council fines do not time bar.

Expert:  JGM replied 12 days ago.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.