How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 16793
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have problem with my ex partner.Me and my ex have lawyers

Customer Question

Hi ,I have problem with my ex partner.Me and my ex have lawyers agreement that our son will be with him over the weekends ,however I have concerns about my son welfare whe he is with his that as my ex abuses alcohol and give my child to his mother to look after ?Grand mother took my son camping without my permission and she refused to return my child to me ,father of my son was at home drunk .Can you advise me what to do ?
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: no we just have agreement letter with our lawyers
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: Scotland
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: my ex partner is treating me that he will stop child support and he will “f**k me up “
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Also my ex partner calls me names and puts me down ,I need it to call the police
Expert:  JGM replied 12 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

Expert:  JGM replied 12 days ago.

If you’re concerned about your child’s welfare you should withdraw contact completely and let your ex go to court for an order. The court will make an order subject to restrictions as are appropriate so that he can’t behave in the way you describe during contact visits. You should see a family law solicitor local to you. As regards ***** ***** you can go to the child maintenance service if he stops paying.

Expert:  JGM replied 12 days ago.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Thank you kindly for your response
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Can my ex’s mother refuse to return my child to me when he is not even there with them ?
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I’m not giving child to my ex’s mother I’m giving him to his dad so they can spend time together?
Expert:  JGM replied 12 days ago.

No she can’t. She has nothing to do with it.