31090051

I was endorsed with conviction CD30, given 9 points and a

Customer Question

I was endorsed with conviction CD30, given 9 points and a £330 fine. The offense date was 19/11/2019 but the court hearing took place on 12/2020.Just to give an overview of my case: I was stopped by an unmarked police car on the motorway while on my way to University (Aircraft Engineering Training at AST) from Edinburgh to Perth.They accused me of speeding at 90mph, tail gaiting, and having an unclean windscreen.My lawyer was Ron Mackenna, who recommended me to plead guilty and somehow convinced the prosecutors that I was driving at 79mph with an unclean windscreen.I had 0 points at the time but had previously been banned for 6 months for totting up, which is due to be removed next month 05/2021 from my license.Since my ban back in June 2017, I have never had any trouble and been driving carefully but then got hit with 9 points all at once.I believe I was given wrong advice from my lawyer and could have got a much better outcome. Now I am seeking advice if I can appeal the court decision or will I have to just bite the bullet.Thank you for taking the time.Saqib Zulfiqar
JA: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where this is?
Customer: Scotland
JA: Do you need to appear in court?
Customer: Yes
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 16 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

Expert:  JGM replied 16 days ago.

I’m afraid you are months too late to appeal this even if you could. You took advice at the time and followed that advice. You have no chance of appeal I’m afraid.

Expert:  JGM replied 16 days ago.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Ok that's fine. Recently, I got a basic background check and it shows these convoctions. In the future would this affect me getting a job in the aviation industry as an liscensed Aircraft Maintenance Engineer for companies like British airways, Ryanair, etc.
Expert:  JGM replied 15 days ago.

I can’t answer that I’m afraid. You would need to ask an appropriate employment expert.