Anthony Chendo
Anthony Chendo,
Experience:  Solicitor at BLM
106282438

Have legal question, I live in scotland, I bought a wee van

have legal question
JA: Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I live in scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I bought a wee van 3 weeks ago in glenrothes on mb motors and the van broke don today seeking for advice because phone the guy who sold me the van he said is on holiday but told me it's not is problem
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No

Welcome to JA.

I am sorry to hear about your situation.

Please note that this is not a chat service therefore you may experience delays but rest assured that I will respond within 24 hours.

For the avoidance of doubt did you purchase the van online or at the dealers garage?

The Consumers Rights Act states that where goods sold such as vehicles are not of satisfactory quality then the buyer can exercise a number of remedies.

Remedies such as refund, repairs at no costs, replacement or price reduction can be exercised by the consumer.

In view of the law and on the assumption the fault was not brought to your attention prior to purchase it appears the consumer rights act has been breached and thus you can exercise one of the remedies mentioned. Therefore I suggest you write to the dealer and remind them of the law and why this has been breached. Inform them of the remedy you want to proceed on. Assuming this matter is not resolved this is one to consider court action. With regards ***** ***** action I suggest you return to JA and we can provide some advice on this process.

I hope I have clarified the position.

Thanks and stay safe.

Thank you again for visiting JustAnswer, please let me know if you need me to clarify the answer given.

Thanks and stay safe

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I bought in is garage mb motors

Thanks and stay safe