Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I have a dispute with a builder and I would like to post his

Customer Question

hello
JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a dispute with a builder and I would like to post his company in FB to tell everybody that he takes the deposit and disappear
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Guildford Surrey
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: just put his company in FB this is the only things which makes him worried
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: this is what I done I posted as a review for his company is it illegal
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

What does your review actually say?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
what happens, our experience with the company
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
that he did not finished his job and he did not want to turn the money back
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
this is the only way to worries him and to make him to transfer my money back.
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Is this what your review on Facebook says?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Hello All,
We are looking from somebody who was scammed by Scott Hamblin -building ,roofing company. We start a claim against him The previous company's name is LUMAX CONSTRUCTION LTD. The company is based in Farnborough .
I apologise if the post is not for here
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

OK I understand and thank you for providing this information. Please do not worry and leave it with me for now; I will get back to you with my answer as soon as I can which will be at some point today. The system will notify you when this happens. Please do not reply in the meantime as this may unnecessarily delay my response. Many thanks.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Do you have same respond for me?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Many thanks for your patience, I am pleased to be able to continue assisting with your query now. It is certainly not illegal to mention the company on FB or to make any comments about it. All you have to endure is that whatever you say is the truth. As long as you only provide truthful and factual information, they cannot do much against you, even if they threaten you with legal action or other. So you need to ensure that whatever comments you make, you can back up with evidence if challenged by them.

Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
thank you very much !!!!
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 18 days ago.

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this then please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be glad to help. All the best