31090051

I am looking for advice regarding potentially suing the man

Customer Question

I am looking for advice regarding potentially suing the man responsible for giving me HSV2
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: None
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

Expert:  JGM replied 15 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

Expert:  JGM replied 15 days ago.

Yes, you can do this as a civil claim based on negligence if the person knew that he had the condition. In Scotland you will need a solicitor to deal with this type of case as the sheriff court procedures are not user friendly.

Expert:  JGM replied 15 days ago.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.