ReadyLaw
ReadyLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Bar Professional Training Course
104128041

I have been discriminated against by a retailer that is

Customer Question

I have been discriminated against by a retailer that is providing me a service. The complaint is in regards ***** ***** in their app that no longer works and they are telling me to leave my house which I am unable to do because of my disability. Arguing with them for 2 months which results in my meters cutting off and much time on calls. Also a complaint about harrassment and victimisation by a manager who called me odd and strange for not being able to do these things. Which has caused much upset and will take some time to process and be ok after. I want to resolve this with the retailer but I don't know how much compensation I should be asking for. They have admitted full fault
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Raised the complaint to the manager, who then made these comments and now to the company's complaints department who are now escalating it to a senior manager there. I am awaiting their call
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I don't think so
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 18 days ago.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

Hi, welcome to JA, I amCustomerone of legal experts here. My goal is to provide you with the best experience possible and answer any questions which you may have about your current situation. I may not respond immediately, this is because I may need a few minutes to read what you shared above, type and respond to you. Feel free to ask any follow up questions as needed until you are satisfied.

Expert:  ReadyLaw replied 17 days ago.

I am sorry to hear what transpired with this company. I am happy they have admitted liability. This therefore means the only thing to resolve would be the issue of compensation. There really is no set figure to give to you with respect to this. You are usually able to claim any out of pocket expenses such as the cost for telephone calls and or any expense incurred as a result of you having problems with their services. You may also claim for the pain and suffering/distress that this has caused. There is really no limit on the compensation that can be awarded in a discrimination claims. It therefore will be open to you to negotiate what you think is a feasible amount.

Can I clarify anything for you? I hope I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.