How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 16857
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

Indemnity insurance

Customer Question

Indemnity insurance
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 8 days ago.
Good afternoon thank you for contacting Just Answer my name is***** am a solicitor and I will be assisting you today. Can you clarify your question so that I can best advise you?
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
We are purchasing a new build house which has a wood pigeon nesting (with chicks) in the garage. The garage cannot be finished due to this fact and we fear that the premier guarantee can't be issued.
Will obtaining indemnity insurance cover the time between the bird leaving and the house being signed off by premier guarantee. Our lender is First Direct.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
We are keen to buy the property as soon as possible as it is ready to move in.
Expert:  MatthewM1117 replied 8 days ago.
Thank you for clarification unfortunately this is outside my area of expertise therefore I will opt out to allow another expert to assist you.
Expert:  AlinaK-admin replied 8 days ago.
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
please connect me with a property lawyer who can help
Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 6 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  JGM replied 6 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either  give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

Expert:  JGM replied 6 days ago.

It is possible to purchase an indemnity for lack of NHBC or other type of guarantee. Your circumstances are a little unusual so either your solicitor of the selling solicitor should make enquiries with one of the indemnity companies such as here:

Expert:  JGM replied 6 days ago.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.