How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 16861
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I've been arrested and officially charge with posesion of

Customer Question

I've been arrested and officially charge with posesion of indecent images in Scotland next I've been released from police and should attended court next month.what will happened if I've go abroad to my home country and go there to prosecution office and told them about my charges. How likely they will make extradition back to UK if I'm ready to take responsibility back home?
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 9 days ago.

I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Expert:  JGM replied 9 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

Expert:  JGM replied 9 days ago.

What country do you wish to go to?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Expert:  JGM replied 9 days ago.

You can’t be prosecuted in Poland for offences committed in Scotland. If you don’t answer to the charges in Scotland a warrant will be issued for your arrest and an extradition warrant sought from the Polish authorities to have you brought back.

Expert:  JGM replied 9 days ago.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi. And sorry for delay but I'm working and not always can be online. I'm not scare to take responsibility for my action but I don't know how I'll menage to be able keep my flat and work when media will post something about me it could take some time between guilty plea and sentence. I this is why I was considered to go to Poland as I have family there they will be able to give me some sort if support. Here when media will make publication I'll have no money to pay for flat/food.
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
is very likely after my sentence I'll be send back to Poland. There is any chance to "transfer" this case to Poland?or somehow block media? How likely they will publish some article and who in for them. Why in some cases there is media interest and other there is non. My lawyer from aid support spend with me 2 minutes just take my police bail papers and say see you in court I've been able to ask about media but he say they will not have interest in that but he don't know does he ?
Expert:  JGM replied 8 days ago.

If it happens there's nothing you can do about it I'm afraid.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thank you for your answer I I have another question about transfer to prison abroad howdose process work due t o brexit can I still ask to be transfersred to Poland if yes who?
Expert:  JGM replied 6 days ago.

You can ask the Crown authorities to allow you to serve part of a sentence abroad. Your defence solicitor will arrange this for you.