31090051

Three years ago when I was 15 it was agreed that I would go

Customer Question

Three years ago when I was 15 it was agreed that I would go on holiday with my boyfriends family. we actually then broke up before the holiday when I was 16. they had asked me to pay the money for me even though I wasn't going anymore. as I was so young my mum had offered to pay a sum monthly but they refused and it was left and they went on the holiday. now nearly two years later we have received a message asking for an amount of money. can they take legal action? do I legally owe them money? what can I do?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none, we haven't replied to the message as we want legal advice first
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 15 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either  give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

Expert:  JGM replied 15 days ago.

You don't owe them anything. You were too young to have a contract of this sort and there is no obligation on you to py them anything.

Expert:  JGM replied 15 days ago.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.