31090051

In april the police raided my home and told me they had a

Customer Question

Hi there, in april the police raided my home and told me they had a search warrant, they took my phone and computer, I've waited 5 months and not heard anything, I have a personality disorder and PTSD, they told me I'm a vulnerable adult. The crime on the warrant is related to fraud, what are my rights, they never showed me or my parents the warrant so we're unsure if it even exists, they also put me and my family on a list since I also have siblings with PTSD and Borderline personality disorder
JA: Have any charges been filed? If so, when is the next court date?
Customer: No charges have been filed
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: In Scotland
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No thats everything
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

Expert:  TetyanaP-admin replied 8 days ago.
I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?
Tetyana-moderator
Expert:  JGM replied 8 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

Expert:  JGM replied 8 days ago.

A warrant has to be shown before any search takes place. If this hasn’t happened you should instruct a local solicitor straight away to investigate and if necessary lodge a complaint against the police.

Expert:  JGM replied 8 days ago.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Hi, when am I able to get my computer and phone back legally?, I've waited 5 months
Expert:  JGM replied 8 days ago.

There is no particular time period. Once their enquiries are completed.