31090051

Scots law: Could you advise me please. My Proofing for

Customer Question

Scots law: Could you advise me please. My Proofing for divorce is a week after a trial for the criminal case which I am hoping the Judge will see through the ex’s lies and acquit me. Should I ask for the proofing of the divorce to be moved to a future date just in case I need to rely on the outcome of the criminal case and will have more time to prepare for the proofing myself? Or will I be able to submit an updated record to support any new evidence and outcome of the criminal case?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 10 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

Expert:  JGM replied 10 days ago.

If you think you will be acquitted at trial you should enrol a motion to adjourn the proof.

Expert:  JGM replied 10 days ago.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I Appreciate your reply. Thank you.
Expert:  JGM replied 7 days ago.

You’re welcome.