How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 17060
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I need to make a modification to my divorce agreement as my

This answer was rated:

I need to make a modification to my divorce agreement as my finances have changed.
JA: What steps have you taken? Have you filed any papers in family court?
Customer: Nothing done so far.
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county do you live in?
Customer: I´m in Spain. Have not been in Aberdeen in years. What I would need is a lawyer to handle this in Scotland. Preferably with legal aid as I´m a persioner now.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No, not really
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
File attached (44PMSL3)

Good morning

My name is ***** ***** I specialise in family law. I’m happy to assist you today and I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information.

I'll do my best to resolve this for you, please give me time to review your question and I will revert back to you shortly.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hello Peter, My name is ***** ***** The divorce decree that I have attached has a clause # 12 which indicates that this divorce can be modified if circomstances change. So you understand why, I´m retired now and really do not have any money to pay to my ex-wife.
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
I do not have the money to pay for a call. If we talk on Whattsapp the would be fine.

Thanks for your patience. I have reviewed the files and as you require a Scottish law specialist I'll have to opt out for a colleague to assist you. Someone will be in touch shortly.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thank you. Please indicate what documents are needed i.e. my pension payments and my tax return ??
It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.
I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.
Thank you!

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

Any application to the court will be in Scotland and you will need a solicitor to do this for you. Legal aid is available and you can check your availability using the various calculators at You can get a legal aid solicitor by checking the list of solicitors at

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.

JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 17060
Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.
JGM and other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you