31090051

I was arrested on Friday night for Assault. The altercation

Customer Question

Hi, I was arrested on Friday night for Assault. The altercation was between myself & my partner. We had an argument in the house where I phoned the police as she had hidden my wallet & keys. When the police arrived she had a small cut on her chin which was caused by a fall. She explained this to the police as did my step daughter. After some discussions the police officers arrested me & took me in to custody. My partner or step daughter both didn’t give statements no pictures where taken of so called injuries & no charges are wanting to be pressed against me by my partner. I was released on an undertaking on Saturday morning with instructions not to contact my partner or go to my hone address. I am very confused as my partner has since contacted me & she is also confused as this is not what she wishes. Why do you think I am being charged as there is zero evidence against me or witnesses. I have no criminal record or previous fracas with the police? I am to attend court on 30th September.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Glasgow, Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no nothing that is basically everything
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 18 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either  give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Ok thanks, ***** ***** forward to hearing from you.
Expert:  JGM replied 18 days ago.

The police sometime go through the motions and there is little brainpower used. I suspect that if there is no evidence the PF will throw this out when you turn up to answer the bail undertaking. However in the meantime you should take the papers the police gave you to a local criminal solicitor and ask him or her to contact the fiscal to see how this is being processed.

Expert:  JGM replied 18 days ago.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Thanks very much, that has put my mind at ease slightly. Just very confusing as it makes no sense at all to be attending court when the person I allegedly assaulted says I didnt assault them & they don’t want to press any charges plus there is zero evidence. Hopefully the PF will throw out before I even attend court.
Expert:  JGM replied 18 days ago.

yw