How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 17062
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

I have a court date for an evidentiary hearing in a

Customer Question

Hi, I have a court date for an evidentiary hearing in a financial dispute on 17th of September. My wife is due a baby on the 21st of September, I did not really consider this when the date came through only now it is getting closer to the time. Is there a way of me requesting to move the date based on this?
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Peter Collins replied 20 days ago.

Good evening.

My name is ***** ***** I specialise in family law. I’m happy to assist you today and I appreciate that is is important that you find a resolution as soon as possible.

Please note that our discussions on this site are for general information purposes and do not create an lawyer-client relationship. It is always recommended that you consult with a local solicitor for specific legal information.

I'll do my best to resolve this for you, please give me time to review your question and I will revert back to you shortly.

Expert:  Peter Collins replied 20 days ago.

Can you confirm what court this is in and what proceedings these are please (civil, family, criminal)?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
It is civil and the sheriff court
Expert:  Peter Collins replied 20 days ago.

Ah I see - you are in Scotland (this was not evident from your question!).

In that case I'll opt out for a Scots lawyer to pick this up for you.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** think it was strange it didn’t ask where I was based this time, thanks again
Expert:  JGM replied 19 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

Expert:  JGM replied 19 days ago.

Is the case under ordinary procedure or simple procedure?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
It’s under ordinary cause, thank you
Expert:  JGM replied 18 days ago.

You need to apply to the court by way of motion. The forms you use are G6, G7 and G8 which you can fine here: You will have to do this by 9th September as 7 days notice is required.

Expert:  JGM replied 18 days ago.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.