Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

I would like to know the costs of taking a claim to a Small

Customer Question

I would like to know the costs of taking a claim to a Small Claims Court
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Crieff in Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Endless letters & emails to the company to say why I am claiming....only £54!
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The claim is against Amey, Motorway maintenance as I had a tyre blow out, as did a car behind me, in a pothole that had been repaired the night before, the police were involved
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 20 days ago.

Hello, I’m Ben. It’s my pleasure to assist you today. I may also ask for some preliminary information to help me determine the legal position.

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Hi, I’m Lorna, what would you like to know?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 20 days ago.

How long ago was this? and please explain the situation in some more detail

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Have you read the basic details of my claim?
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Please cancel phone call, you did not mention it would cost £44
Customer: replied 20 days ago.
That is nearly as much as my claim and I’ve received nothing in return so sorry I feel I have been misled!
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

Hi there Lorna. How long ago was this? and please explain the situation in some more detail

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
The incident was in February this year around 7 pm on the M74
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Before I write any more I am presuming my phone call has been cancelled
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
It doesn’t seem you are answering any more?
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.
Thank you very much for clarifying. First of all, I am sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced in your situation. The fees for a claim using the Simple Procedure for an amount under £300 is going to be £19. See here for further details of the claims process:​https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/taking-action/simple-procedure/simple-procedure---making-a-claim​
Customer: replied 19 days ago.
As I see from contacting my bank, you have already taken my money would you then please call me for which it would seem I have paid
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

Hello, I am just an independent user on this site, in the same way as you are, which means that unfortunately I have no involvement in the billing side of things. If you need to query anything to do with billing, charges or membership, you may be able to take certain actions by going to your account on this site. Alternatively, please contact the site’s customer service team directly. You can find their contact details by following this link:

https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us

Hopefully, they will resolve any issues you have to your satisfaction.

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
I hope this is not a machine again, I’m very disappointed with the service I received, I contacted you regarding a £54 claim and you charged me £49 for nothing, complete deception in my opinion. I feel you do not begin to live up to your claims of helpfulness and satisfaction. I think it is appalling the way the ordinary person is deceived by well educated, probably wealthy people like yourselves
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

I am not a machine but also as mentioned I have no involvement in the billing side of things and I provided you with the links above where you can contact the people who deal with it. Thanks

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Thanks for getting back to me, I appreciate you explaining your roll in the situation and for giving me links L
Expert:  Ben Jones replied 19 days ago.

You are most welcome. If you have any further questions about this, please do not hesitate to get back to me and I will be happy to help. All the best