31090051

I signed a housing agreement to say that I would pay for all

Customer Question

Hello,...I signed a housing agreement to say that I would pay for all maintenance costs towards my house, Although I am not the owner of the house .I know the owner is responsible but because I'll signed it does that make it legally binding,.?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: none so far,.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I do not pay rent on the property this was the wish of my late partner who owned the house, now her assets belong to her sister it is her decision to make me pay for the maintenance ,..
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 14 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

Expert:  JGM replied 14 days ago.

If you enter into a contract to the effect that you are responsible for maintenance then that is binding, yes.

Expert:  JGM replied 14 days ago.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.