How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask JGM Your Own Question
JGM, Solicitor
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 17064
Experience:  30 years as a practising solicitor.
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
JGM is online now

As an assured tenant of Glasgow West Housing Association can

Customer Question

As an assured tenant of Glasgow West Housing Association can I raise a simple procedure against them as they have failed to deliver our gardening services for the past 18months and we have been charged every month for this service, we as tenants have purchased our own garden equipment. We have continually emailed regarding this over the past year and have got nowhere even some sort of resolution. No one in housing is taking us seriously over matter.
JA: What steps have you taken so far? Have you prepared or filed any paperwork?
Customer: Today I sent a final email stating if we cannot come to some resolution in matter that we will be raising simple procedure with the Sheriff Court. No reply to this and they just keep ignoring.
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this?
Customer: Not as yet as yet but I am aware of simple procedure as I have been reading up on Scots law
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No we are 6 tenants in the building and we are all in agreement, the housing just keep blaming COVID which I understand but they should not be taking our money.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 17 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer. Is this paid as part of your rent or is it charged separately?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It is broken down as a separate charge although housing benefit cover it for me as I am disabled. This March when my rent went up the sent me a breakdown and changed it from gardening services to Environmental Services.
Expert:  JGM replied 17 days ago.

That being the case if they aren’t providing the service you shouldn’t be paying for it.

Expert:  JGM replied 17 days ago.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.