31090051

My 50 year old son has been arrested and charged with three

Customer Question

My 50 year old son has been arrested and charged with three offences . A defence lawyer was apppointed for him and he is now out on bail
JA: What were you charged with exactly? Do you have any upcoming court dates?
Customer: No dates yet , charged with being drunk and knocking over a reserved sign at a table , spitting at the police and resisting arreet
JA: Where did this occur?
Customer: 25th july
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: He has got a clean record , admits to being drunk but spat on the floor where poliice told him to spit again to the floor and he would bed arrested . He held out hiis arms in the air when they werre trying to get handcuuffs on him
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 16 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

What Is your question about this?

Expert:  JGM replied 14 days ago.

He has obviously behaved idiotically and he should see either the duty solicit Reno acted for him or another lawyer if he has someone else in mind. He will get a mitigated  sentence as a first offender but the spitting will not help him given the COVID. He should expect a severe sentence. Maybe not custody but a large fine or a community payback order. I have very limited information and he should see his own solicitor for detailed advice.

Expert:  JGM replied 14 days ago.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.