31090051

I have a PCN from P4 Parking Ltd for parking in a private

Customer Question

I have a PCN from P4 Parking Ltd for parking in a private parking area. I had a permit but it was behind my sun visor.
I was only away from the car a few minutes and it was directly outside my lockup in an area of which I own two lock ups. It was not blocking anyone.
I appealed to Popla and am now facing a £170 fine - Should I pay it? THIS REFERS TO SCOTS LAW IN EDINBURGH
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 11 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

Expert:  JGM replied 11 days ago.

My experience is that if you do not respond to these demands they will eventually cease. It is not viable for these companies to sue for one ticket. They rely on people paying up. If you don’t they will eventually go away whatever they say in their letters.

Expert:  JGM replied 11 days ago.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
What about the Beavis v Parking Eye case
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
no
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Did you get my question?
Expert:  JGM replied 11 days ago.

That case was to do with whether a parking charge was a penalty or not. It deals with the legal position. I am telling you that from a practical point of view most companies will not pursue in the courts for trivial amount of money.