31090051

I have a question about my dog, in Edinburgh, Scotland, well

Customer Question

JA: Hello. How can I help?
Customer: I have a question about my dog
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: in Edinburgh , Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: well I split up with my partner almost two years ago and we have a dog and a dog was with me all this time , and he took very weekend, now he doesn’t want to give me a dog back what I can do ?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I want my dog back , but I don’t know how is the best way to deal with it
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 7 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

Who is the owner of the dog?

Expert:  JGM replied 5 days ago.

If the dog is yours you can raise an action for delivery of the dog in the sheriff court. See www.scotcourts.gov.UK.

Expert:  JGM replied 5 days ago.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.