31090051

My child is 13 and lives with me but see’s his Dad

My child is 13 and lives with me but see’s his Dad regularly. He has remarried and his Wife keeps slating me to my child and undermining me. My son didn’t like the fact I took his X box away for a day so txt her and she said he could go to their house. I told my son No, hr was staying but she told him just to walk out. I still don’t have him back home. I’m unsure what to do. thanks in advance Gillian Gartshore
JA: What steps have been taken? Have any papers been filed in family court?
Customer: No we have an agreement between as. I have tried previously to get an agreement done through the courts but he refused to sign it
JA: Family Court normally sits in a local County and Magistrates' Court. Do you know the location of the court? If not, what county does he live in?
Customer: Aberdeenshire
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: We also have another son together with additional needs, he is with me.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I’m happy to wait. Thank you

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

You will have to tell the father, preferably via your solicitor, to tell his wife to back off or you will go to court for a residence order and a restriction on his contact to the effect that she can’t be present. It’s difficult with teenagers but that is what you should do in the first instance. Unfortunate the older a child is the more a court will follow the child’s wishes but if she has undermined your position as mother a court would certainly take that into account in the child’s overall best interests.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.

Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Thank you for your reply. I cannot afford a solicitor but have one dealing with my eldest sons legal Guardianship that o can speak to regarding this situation.