31090051

I was charged 4 years ago and they took my phone in for

Hi I was charged 4 years ago and they took my phone in for evidence and I haven't heard anything back from them yet and I still don't have my phone yet

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

You can either make a complaint in which case they might “remember” about you or you can buy a new phone, move on and hope nothing further happens with this which is likely after 4 years.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Is it still possible I could be arrested and go to court

If it’s a non statutory common law charge, yes.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
What dose that mean

Common law crimes are things like theft, assault, murder, rape, incest. Statutory crimes are those created by Act of Parliament like sexual offences, road traffic, health and safety. You should know what you’re charged with.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I was charged with a statory crime cold it still half to go to court after 4 years

What is the crime? Some have different time limits.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It was a. Sexual offence

What is the exact charge please. Again different time limits apply for example depending on the age of the complainer and the nature of the alleged offence.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I'm not sure it was 4 years ago I was talking to a girl who was 15 and I was 18

Talking is not usually an offence.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I was asked her if she had a top on because when we face timed it looked like she had no top on

No crime and it time barred after 6 months.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
OK thank you