31090051

I am a executor and beneficiary in a will. Do the other

I am a executor and beneficiary in a will. Do the other beneficiaries need to know the amount each person receives?
JA: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?
Customer: Ayrshire Scotland
JA: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?
Customer: A will. With all beneficiaries named
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I am the sole beneficiary of an investment deed (stated in the will) Do the other beneficiaries need to know the amount of the deed?

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

Only the residuary beneficiaries have to know about the residue of the Will. If you’re left a specific investment there’s no need to disclose it. However anyone can get a copy of the estate inventory and will once it is lodged in the court for Confirmation as it then becomes a matter of public record.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.