31090051

I live in Scotland. my ex has not pay my son child

hi i live in Scotland . my ex has not pay my son child maitenance since 2017. now he is daying , what i should do
JA: How old is your son?
Customer: 9
JA: Is there an agreement for payment of child support?
Customer: yes
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: my ex lost job in 2017Customer: Chat is completed
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi is someone here?

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

Do you mean dying?

Customer: replied 13 days ago.

Sorry I can’t take calls at the moment. Any unpaid maintenance would be a debt on your ex’s estate and you would put in a claim for the arrears. That assumes he has estate that would cover it. If he doesn’t there is no prospect of you making a recovery.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.

Customer: replied 13 days ago.
he has a house
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
how do i make a claim

You’re solicitor would intimate a claim to the executor of the estate.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
hello
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
my ex just passed away. Could you tell me what about scottish family law about my son' s interest.

Your son has a claim on the estate. The extent of that depends on what any will says or if there isn't a will under legal rights. That will depend on what the estate is mad up of. Again you have to contact the executor of the estate.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
hi thank you for your answer. The claim means child maitennence? i been contacted CMS and got answer said if my ex died then no child maitennence anymore. so now i could't make claim of child maitennence with CMS. is that right? and now if my ex( 56years old) has private pension and estate left then equals with 3 children, is that right?