31090051

Heya, I need urgent help to place an opposition to a

Customer Question

Heya, I need urgent help to place an opposition to a petition in High Session of Scotland. I live in Scotland
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer about this? In which country do you live? If different, which country is your legal question related to?
Customer: No, I have not. I live in Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: No steps.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Nothing in particular
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
File attached (S5Q1Z2T)
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 8 days ago.

Expert:  JGM replied 6 days ago.

Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer.

Expert:  JGM replied 6 days ago.

You should not embark on defending an action in the Court of Session without direct legal representation. Where you have received a petition you need to lodge answers to the petition within 21 days. Here is the relevant extract from the Rules of Court which again you need to know well to deal with this type of action. https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/docs/default-source/rules-and-practice/rules-of-court/court-of-session/chap14.pdf?sfvrsn=5c50e761_8
it would be better if you instruct an Edinburgh firm of solicitors which deals with court of session litigation.

Expert:  JGM replied 6 days ago.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.