RJM Law
RJM Law, Lawyer
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
106205234

We are living in a flat paid by benefits (i receive carers

Customer Question

We are living in a flat paid by benefits (i receive carers for my mum) and it is a terrible area and getting worse. How do i find out if i can get a private let somewhere else that the government would still pay at least part of the rent. I live with my 19 year old daughter and 2 dogs
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me where the property is located?
Customer: Paisley, Queen street, pa1 2tu
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: we have had various incidents the last one resulted in our neighbour from hell being sent somewhere else but since then we have a new one above us who is invading my space whenever he can without over stepping and we have just found out others are moving next door too. Dreading it.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: This street is well known for violence and drug users my daughter is scared every time she goes out, we were looking at private lets in Partick, Glasgow as this is still near my mums but rent is 600ish and we can probably pull together around 300
Category: Scots Law
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I don't mind waiting thank you
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Expert:  RJM Law replied 10 days ago.

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today.   I am the expert who shall assist you with this matter today.

Please note that our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.  If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised you will receive one by the end of the day

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question.  However please note this does not form a professional client relationship and we cannot provide representation, however, I would be hopeful that my guidance will be able to assist you.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have no money whatsoever to switch to a phone call I had to borrow the 5 pound for this
Expert:  RJM Law replied 9 days ago.

Thank you for the question.   You can usually transfer your housing benefit to a private landlord, you don't want to do anything that will affect your benefits, therefore. I would strongly advisee you ask your local citizens advice to help with. this, they have benefits experts who will help with the process to protect your benefits.  However, it is possible to transfer from one dwelling to another.   .   However, it may well be the case you are entitled to more benefits than you are aware.   The difficulty is that you require to apply for specific benefits to the DWP and wait for the application etc.  However, the best thing to do is drop into your local citizens advice bureau (CAB).  They can go through your personal and financial position in detail and enter these details into what is referred to as the QBC system.  This system will calculate what benefits you are entitled to and how much.  The system will also do the entire calculation without contacting the DWP so no other benefits would be affected in doing this calculation.  Furthermore, if you are rejected initially for any such benefits, the CAB can help you with the mandatory reconsider (appeal) of the refusal.  If this is still rejected but it is believed you have a claim, the CAB can also provide you with representation should you require to go to a tribunal for the matter.

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area.  This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful.  You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows;

https://solicitors.lawsociety.org.uk/ (England)

https://www.lawscot.org.uk/find-a-solicitor/ (Scotland)

https://www.lawsociety.ie/Find-a-Solicitor/Solicitor-Firm-Search/ (Ireland)

https://www.lawsoc-ni.org/solicitors (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.