31090051

Hope you are well. I have one question. The neighbour

Hi. Hope you are well. I have one question. The neighbour removed the fence between our gardens. In doing so, he entered into my property (my side of the garden). They did not tell us that they planned to remove the fence. They also did not old us that they will need access through our garden. I am disturbed by all this. Not sure what to do.
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland, Falkirk
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: I wrote to County council
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I own the property and the neighbours are in council flat. That is all I think. I just want to know can they do this without telling us.

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I can wait for few more days. Thanks.
Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either  give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer. 

If the fence is a boundary fence it is owned between you and the council. The tenant isn't allowed to remove it. You should insist that the council reinstates the fence.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.

Experience: 30 years as a practising solicitor.