31090051

I have an order from the sheriff in a small claims case to

Customer Question

I have an order from the sheriff in a small claims case to send a personal email for a webex hearing and ' A brief paragraph of the proposals for further procedure' - what it is they want me to say?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: The CMD is on Thursday and prior to it they have asked me for a brief paragraph on further proposals for each party?
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  JGM replied 9 days ago.
Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either  give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer. 

Expert:  JGM replied 9 days ago.

The court will want to know whether any steps have been taken towards limiting the scope of any hearing, eg, by agreeing any of the evidence. It will want to know what has been done in an attempt to settle the case, whether anything is being done to do so and whether the case will need to go to a hearing and if so what the disputed issues are. If you look at the simple procedure rules at www.scotcourts.gov.uk you will see that the sheriff has to secure the expeditious conduct of the case and you will see the kind of things that are expected of the parties.https://www.scotcourts.gov.uk/docs/default-source/rules-and-practice/rules-of-court/sheriff-court/simple-procedure-rules/schedule-1/01-part-1.pdf?sfvrsn=812477d2_8

Expert:  JGM replied 9 days ago.

I hope this helped you today. Please do let me know if I can clarify anything. I am always happy to help. You are always welcome to ask a follow up question if it will help you further.