How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • Go back-and-forth until satisfied
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask RJM Law Your Own Question
RJM Law, Lawyer
Category: Scots Law
Satisfied Customers: 4055
Experience:  LL.B (Hons)
Type Your Scots Law Question Here...
RJM Law is online now

I want to give my house seller £100,000 as a downpayment or

This answer was rated:

I want to give my house seller £100,000 as a downpayment or loan for the house a month prior to completion. can I use a promissory note as a legal document?
JA: Where are you? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: I'm in Glasgow, the seller is in Lewis, Western Isles.
JA: What steps have you taken so far?
Customer: Merely enquiring.
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The seller and his wife are personal friends

Hello, and thank you for choosing our service today. I am the expert who shall assist you with this opportunity

Please note, our service is conducted through emails and from time to time there may be a delay between answers and responses, this is due to the expert availability at the time.

If you do not receive a response immediately, please be advised I may be working through other matters however you shall receive a response as soon as I am finished with any live. However please be assured I will get back to you.

I will be able to provide you with guidance in relation to your question which should assist ifi in clarifying matters and navigating the legal system. However, please note this does not form a professional client relationship.

I look forward speaking with you and providing help.

Thank you, ***** ***** do this by way of an agreement or contract.  That is not an issue, however you will need to speak with your conveyance to ensure the way you go about things fully complies with the money laundering regulations otherwise you will have issues.  You must be able to provide a full source of funds to both solicitors otherwise if you cannot show where the money trail has came from it will not comply.  It should be possible but you will want to speak with the conveyance to ensure that you can comply with the MLR in full.  

I shall provide you with a helpful link that will assist you in finding a solicitor/representative near your local area. This will provide you with someone nearby your area who can assist you if required.

I hope this information proved helpful. You will find a local solicitor who deals with these matters on the law society webpage which is as follows; (England) (Scotland) (Ireland) (N. Ireland)

Hopefully, I have answered your query in a way that is simple and easy to understand. If anything remains unclear, I will be more than happy to clarify it for you. In the meantime, thank you once again for using our services.

Should you require any further assistance on this matter, please do not hesitate to post a further questions for additional assistance.

Kindest Regards.

RJM Law and 2 other Scots Law Specialists are ready to help you