Experience:  Qualified Solicitor
29905560

First of all are you real person or robot? Scotland, Chat

Customer Question

First of all are you real person or robot?
JA: Yes, I'm a bot. I make the process of talking to the Lawyer more efficient and affordable by asking basic questions. Where is this? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: Scotland
JA: What steps have been taken so far?
Customer: Chat with company advisor which I want to quit using there service for bricking contract multitime
JA: Is there anything else the Lawyer should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: Yes. Whole story is. I have contract with CheaperWaste. Lately they charge me almost £100 extra for what they cald "extraordinary costs of running the company". When I ask them what does it mean, they expand me that they have to charge me extra because in previous months they had higher costs of running a company so now customers have to cover that. I was shocked and I demand to get my money back and I told them that I don't want to have anything to do with them any more. I ask there advisor for cancelling my contract specially that they brecht this contract several times not collecting rubbish. Situation with extra charge for nothing was a cherry on the top. I have cancelled direct debit for them so they couldn't take any more many from my account. And yet today 12.05.2022 thay send me email that I have to pay £40 penalty charge for miss payment. What can I do in this case???? Can you help?
Category: Scots Law
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 5 days ago.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Keep looking. I've paid money for this advice and I'm expecting the answer
Expert:  JGM replied 4 days ago.
Thanks for your question. I am a solicitor in Scotland with 35 years of experience in private practice and I hope that I can help you with your question today. Let me have a quick look at your question and I will either give you an initial answer or ask you for further information. I aim to respond as quickly as I can but sometimes I may want to take a little time to consider your question so as to give you the best possible answer. 

Expert:  JGM replied 4 days ago.

What does the contract say about price changes?

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Is there any way that I can send u section of the contract where they say about charges? It is to much to text and it would be easier to read it in person.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
The thing is that when I was agreed to sign the contract I was talking to advisor over the phone and the terms he told me ware completely different from this one on contract. What I'm saying is that I was cheated by marketing staff to sign the contract with company and because of lack of time to get familiar with all terms and conditions of this contract I have trusted this person.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
All I want is to break up any relationship wit Cheaperwaste without any further costs from my site.
Expert:  JGM replied 2 day ago.

You can send a pdf of the contract using the clip icon.